© Copyright – 2022 – Athletics Illustrated
There are plenty of athletics championships going on this summer. There is the usual 13-meet professional Diamond League series ongoing. In July we witnessed America hosting the World Athletics Track and Field Championships in Eugene, Oregon for the first time. Currently, the Birmingham Commonwealth Games are happening in Great Britain. Additionally, there will be the European Athletics Championships happening in two weeks in Munich, Germany. Let’s not forget all the meets through the spring that athletes competed in to qualify for Worlds.
Meanwhile, the regional championships have to take place too. In Surrey, BC (Greater Vancouver), there are the provincial masters championships happening. In September, Victoria, BC will host the 55+ BC Games. It’s a long track season, to be sure.
The British Columbia provincial Track & Field Championships will take place Saturday and Sunday, August 13 and 14 for 35-plus age athletes. Sub-masters are also welcome from the age group 30-34.
The meet takes place at the South Surrey Athletic Park and is hosted by the Greyhounds Masters Track and Field Club.
Available events range from sprints to middle-distance races, field events, racewalking, and distance races up to the 2000m and 3000m steeplechase.
The men’s and women’s pole vault will be held two weeks later during the Greyhounds multi-events meet. The individual pole vault for men and women will either be run concurrently with the men’s decathlon pole vault (scheduled for noon on Sunday, August 28) or immediately after the decathlon pole vault has been completed.
Entries/Registration: Gary Silvester 604-369-0251 email@example.com
- Register online at TrackieREG www.trackiereg.com/BCMTFC2022
- All Masters athletes who are 2022 Competitive members of BC Athletics.
- Canadians from outside of BC who are members of their Provincial Branch of Athletics Canada
- Residents from outside of Canada must be members of their National Affiliate.
- Individual events – $20.00 per event (as per BC Athletics Championships policies)
- Relay events – $40.00 per team (To be paid on the day of competition)
- No refunds given unless the event is cancelled by the HOC.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: SUNDAY, AUGUST 7, 23:59.
- LATE ENTRY DEADLINE: WED., AUGUST 10 (No late entries accepted at the meet)
- LATE ENTRY FEE: – $30.00 per event
- BC Athletics Championship medals will be awarded in 5-year age groups.
- Non-BC athletes finishing in the top three will also receive duplicate BC Championship medals.
- Greyhounds Masters Club medals will be awarded to Sub-Masters.
- Medals may be picked up as soon as the results are posted. Medals will not be mailed out.
- Age determined as of August 13, 2022 (first day of the meet).