© Copyright – 2020 – Athletics Illustrated
Thomas Bach, the president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced on Wednesday, that the IOC has provided $100-million in support to National Olympic Committees (NOCs). The money has gone to support the organizations during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Approximately $63 million had been allocated to International Federations and $37 million to NOCs.
Bach told the IOC Executive Board that the IOC will continue supporting NOCs with a $150 million from The Olympic Partner (TOP) worldwide sponsorship program, which is available until the end of 2020.
Who has received the money:
- The International Basketball Federation
- International Golf Federation
- International Gymnastics Federation
- International Hockey Federation
- International Judo Federation
- International Modern Pentathlon Union
- International Swimming Federation
- International Tennis Federation
- International Cycling Union
- World Archery
- World Athletics
- World Rowing
- World Rugby
- World Sailing
- World Taekwondo
- International Federation of Sport Climbing
- International Surfing Association
- World Baseball Softball Confederation
- World Karate Federation
- World Skate
To date, there have been 13,787,827 Coronavirus cases in which 588,635 have died, while 8,193,440 people have recovered according to worldometers.com.
SHOESTRINGS: The latest marathons to cancel their events are the Scotiabank Waterfront Toronto Marathon, Chicago Marathon, Manchester Marathon. The London Marathon is the last major event to hold out hope that it will continue. Meanwhile, the Athens Marathon is going forward without an elite portion and with the field divided into two 5,000m events.