As many marathons, gatherings and other international tournaments have been cancelled, postponed or limited in size due to the COVID-19 threat, the Ottawa Marathon being a low infection area and two months out from the race day, have no plans to cancel.

For all marathon runners who missed racing in Rome, Paris, and other locations, Ottawa provides a reasonably fast course with typically mild-to-warm race conditions.

From the Tamarack Ottawa Marathon:

Like all event organizers in Canada and around the world, we have been monitoring the updates and daily situation reports of COVID-19. With the assistance of the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa Public Health as well as our own medical team from The Ottawa Hospital, we are ensuring that we have all current and necessary information as we move closer to race weekend.

Our top priority, as always, remains the health and safety of our runners, volunteers, staff and the community at large.

With two months to go before our event on May 23-24, we currently have no plans to cancel or postpone. Should the current risk level change in such a way that we would consider modifications to Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend, we will advise all guests to ensure everyone has the most up to date information at hand.

To date, Ottawa has remained at low risk for COVID-19 as there are currently no reported local cases. However, Ottawa Public Health has taken precautions and created an effective action plan if the spread of the virus accelerates. We continue to be in close contact with them and will heed their advice and recommendations.

You can find information at: